Monday, March 25, 2013

#THISisBlackOnBlack


On his show, Touré said this of Carson:
Carson is a brilliant medical thinker but he's got intellectual tumors like a flat tax, which is regressive, and ignorant in the face of wealth inequality where the top 1% own 35% and the bottom 60% own 2.3%. I doubt Jesus would tax them equally. Just as I doubt the GOP would entertain a white non-politician with unserious ideas. But Carson has joined the GOP's version of affirmative action, where blacks that can speak conservative game get raced to the front of the line because then people get to put a bumper sticker on their car that say, 'How could I be racist? I would have voted for Carson!' Which would fit nicely over the bumper sticker saying, 'How could I be racist? I would have voted for Cain?' Which fit nicely over the bumper sticker saying, 'How could I be racist? I would have voted for Allen West!'

Yes, any black friend will do, no matter how far outside the political system they emerge from and no matter how unserious their ideas are. Because it's all make believe. None of them will ever get a nomination for the Presidency, just as the GOP will never get black votes, because the only thing they care about is winning and not the economic or social needs of black people. But in the meantime, imagine away you guys.

At CPAC Carson said, 'Let's say you magically put me in the White House.' But, my brother, no magic is required to accomplish that. As soon as the sequester ends, you could take a White House tour.


The 'Uncle Tom-ing' of Ben Carson Begins

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment